Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis Exercises – The Best Tennis Elbow Stretch
It is essential to stretch your extensor muscles if they have shortened and also to help prevent them shortening. A quick check for shortening of the tennis elbow muscles is to hold your arm out – the elbow must be straight – and then bend your wrist and compare how far it bends with the other side.
If there is a difference between the two sides then you need to start an Elbow Exercise stretching program to lengthen the muscles.
As described earlier when tissues get inflamed, chronically irritated or become degenerate they can lay down excessive scar tissue and the tennis elbow muscles react by shortening. This leads to abnormal stresses and strains in the muscle and its tendon and can perpetuate the problem of tennis elbow.
It is essential to do your Best Tennis Elbow Stretch Exercise to stretch the muscle at least 2-3 times each day.
These are the Best Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis Exercises to stretch out your Tennis Elbow Muscles.
I much prefer the method shown in this video – you can accurately compare the two sides by how far forward you can take your wrist.
This is the technique I recommend you use to stretch out your tennis elbow muscles at least 2-3 times a day.
Initially aim to hold each stretch for at least 10-15 seconds and repeat 4 times.
It is possible to hold the stretch for 30 seconds with practice.
Rest for at least 10 seconds between each stretch.
Start with the wrist back and, as it gets easier move the wrist forwards to increase the stretch.
Aim to get as far forward as the other side with no pain.
Have you taken my Extensive Professional Tennis Elbow Self-Assessment Tool?
- what type of Tennis Elbow you have
- if you are doing the correct exercises
- what underlying problems are stopping your elbow from getting better
- if your neck is causing the problem
- and many more things…..
Take the FULL ASSESSMENT at Tennis Elbow Assessment
Back to Tennis Elbow Top 10 Questions
- Best Stretch for Tennis Elbow
- Tennis Elbow Treatment – Does Rest Cure Tennis Elbow?
- Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis Elbow Injuries – Top 10 Questions
- Pull Ups with Tennis Elbow
- Elbow Injuries – Can You Straighten Your Elbow?
- Tennis Elbow – How to Carry a Heavy Bag