Tennis Elbow Symptoms
Common questions are
- Where do you get Tennis Elbow Symptoms?
- What are the Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
- I have a painful elbow – do I have Tennis Elbow?
- Do Tennis Elbow Symptoms spread down the arm towards the wrist?
- The pain spreads up my arm do I have Tennis Elbow?
- I have pins and needles in my arm. Is that Tennis elbow?
So, What are Tennis Elbow Symptoms
Tennis Elbow symptoms sometimes can be difficult for even an experienced practitioner to diagnose.
There are many structures that can refer pain into the elbow area.
Over the years I have seen many patients who have been given a wrong diagnosis of Tennis Elbow.
Just because you have some or all of the following Tennis Elbow symptoms:
- pain on the outside of the elbow and possibly also down forearm
- pain made worse by using hand especially gripping tasks
- ‘weak’ wrist when shaking hands or turning a door handle
- outer elbow is painful to the touch
…………………it does not mean that you have Tennis Elbow.
The symptoms of Tennis elbow can be coming from
- the joints in your neck,
- the muscles around your neck or shoulder,
- a trapped nerve in your neck
- tension on a nerve in the shoulder or upper arm
- possible fracture or stress fracture around the elbow
- a loose body in the elbow joint
- arthritis within the elbow joint
Tennis Elbow / Lateral Epicondylitis / Lateral Epicondylosis
These are essentially all the same thing.
If you answer yes to my question in the Video above then you have at least some form of Tennis Elbow.
Even if you have Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis there may be several possible complicating factors which affect what exercises you need to be doing to get better.
Find out for sure …
Take my FREE ELBOW VIDEO ASSESSMENT TOOL (Click Link)
View a quick tour of the assessment in the video – just click to play.
Back to Tennis Elbow Top 10 Questions
- Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis Elbow Injuries – Top 10 Questions
- Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis Elbow Injuries Video Assessment Tool
- Elbow Injuries – Can You Straighten Your Elbow?
- Tennis Elbow Treatment – Does Rest Cure Tennis Elbow?
- Tennis Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis Exercises – How to Stretch
- Epicondylitis Elbow – Medial Epicondylitis / Golfers Elbow